The 3G shut down is fast approaching. Ensure your fleet is ready before the 30 June cut off date
It’s truly the end of an era — after providing coverage for decades, Australia’s 3G networks are shutting down. At Netstar, we’re here to guide you through this transition seamlessly. Upgrade hassle-free with zero upfront hardware costs* on a 36-month rental contract. *Terms and conditions apply. Contact our sales team to explore your options today.
The 3G coverage network was first rolled out in 2003, providing data and network speeds across Australia that were previously unheard of. But in 2023 and beyond, the majority of devices used by Australians (and globally) rely instead upon its successors: 4G, 4G-IoT and 5G; the new modern standards for network technology. Subsequently, the 3G network will begin shutting down in December of this year, and major telcos will be switching off their networks over the subsequent months, with the shutdown to be completed by June 2024. The 3G shutdown is expected to impact millions of users and devices across Australia. If you’re one of the Australians still reliant on the 3G network, you may be wondering how the 3G shutdown will affect you. To learn more about the shut down visit our blog for more information.
The benefits of upgrading to the latest 4G GPS Tracking Devices
Netstar’s vehicle GPS tracking gives you the peace of mind to know that your staff and valuable assets are always safe. With our GPS tracking, you can reduce losses, manage risk and protect your property from theft.
Track your assets anytime, anywhere
GPS vehicle tracking is an excellent solution for any business with a fleet of vehicles or valuable assets. With the ability to see where your staff, assets and vehicles are, you can save money, optimise their use and improve driver behaviour.
Get in touch for a free, no-obligation demonstration of our vehicle GPS tracking solution. You’ll see how easy it is to keep your business running smoothly, protect your valuable assets and improve driver behaviour.
For those who are looking for even more from their vehicle GPS tracking, Netstar offers several optional additional features. These include:
- Camera solutions – when vision and recording are essential.
- Reporting fuel tax credits (FTC) is crucial for all businesses, but accurately reporting can be challenging. With Netstar’s FTC system, you can make precise calculations to ensure that your business will receive the maximum compensation possible.
See your fleet in real time, 24 hours a day
With Netstar’s 4G GPS Trackers, you can track your assets, and receive alerts in real-time from anywhere across Australia. Obtain insights into what’s happening out on the field with the Netstar software dashboards and reports.
Monitor driver behaviour - stay connected to your team
With Netstar GPS Trackers you can monitor driver behaviour such as harsh braking, sharp cornering, or rapid acceleration. You’ll also know when they’ve arrived at their destination—no more waiting for a call to find out if everything is running the way it should be.
Reduce your running costs
Thousands of customers across Australia trust our solution. With Netstar, you can take advantage of a variety of 4G GPS tracking benefits, including:
- Reduced fuel costs – with location data helping you design and implement more efficient routes.
- Optimised asset use – you’ll be able to monitor idle times and under-used assets within the fleet.
- The ability to locate vehicles and drivers, 24/7, anywhere in Australia.
- Real-time alerting – you will know if something has gone wrong as soon as there’s an issue.
- In-vehicle notification promotes better communication and improves driver performance on the road.
- Ability to create geofences to identify specific zones, trigger alerts and tailor reports on critical locations you are responsible for.
Trusted by fleets large and small right across Australia
Hear from our customers
Check out some of the stories behind the customers we have partnered with to help with their GPS tracking and fleet management needs.
Asset Tracking software is critical for any size of business
Netstar Australia: Fenner Conveyors Trusted Partner in Fleet Management
Specialised Pavement Services – Fleet Management Solutions
3G Network Shutdown in Australia – What it Means for You
It’s truly the end of an era — after providing coverage for decades, Australia’s 3G networks are shutting down. The 3G coverage network was first rolled out in 2003,...